The Development Team!
These are the guys that keep the mod running!
Special thanks and credits
Mine Little Pony was created in 2011 by Verdana, and has grown since then with art and code contributed by many different people. While it’s experienced some changes over the years, and is run by an entirely different team now, at it’s heart it’s still the same mod you all know and love. This page is a special thanks to all the talented artists, coders, and people who have contributed to the mod’s development over the years. Without you we wouldn’t be where we are today!
- Special thanks to Verdana for creating the original version of the mod, we wouldn’t be here today without him!
- Thanks to Mumfrey for creating HDskins, we wouldn’t have our skinning functionaility without his help!
- Thanks to thatapplefreak for porting the mod to 1.7
- Special thanks to Keupoz for updating the site to Jekyll, this was a huge help and a long delayed project that we couldn’t have hoped to finish without their help!
- Special thanks to Killjoy for unofficially maintaining the mod
- Special thanks to Solly for all the hard work he’s put into this mod, including coding many of the recent additions and revamping all of the skins!
- This mod was originally based on the Player Model API by Binkan Salaryman. It’s a great mod, and he’s a great guy. Thanks Binkan Salaryman!
- Thanks to BlueAgent for the current Forge and Spoutcraft compatibility
- Thanks to Mumfrey and the Voxel Mod Pack team for LiteLoader and most of the HD skins code
- Thanks to ShetiPhian for the new models, the advanced skinning technique, and the pony armour
- Thanks to Ha3 for the galloping animation and numerous bugfixes and improvements
- Thanks to Noppes for help getting this working with ModLoader
- Thanks to XTwilight3 for providing a Forge patch for previous versions
- Thanks to Tux2 for providing the original Spoutcraft and Forge support
Thanks to all the artists who created original My Little Pony skins for Minecraft. It was your work that inspired Verdana to make this mod, and he borrowed a lot of ideas (and quite a few pixels) from your original skins. Twilight Sparkle, Rarity and Applejack (as well as many other ponies) were originally based on skins by k9saurus. Celestia and Luna were based on a skin by peaceiscloser. Fluttershy was based on a skin by paladinwat (which itself was based on skins by kirapt0r, netbelleanie/rawriza, and kjhf…). It’s unfortunately unknown where he got the skin that he based the new Rainbow Dash skin on, if it was you then thanks. The other skins were based at least in part on the work of these artists.
Extra special thanks to all of the talented skin artists who made new skin files just for this mod:
- DaBethster for allowing us to use her HD changeling skin as a reference on the updated skinning guide!
- AlphaSpaceWombat who made Cotton Pie Joe, Fluttershy (bunny costume), King Sombra, Pinkie Pie (no mouth), Pinkie Pie (spy costume), Shining Armor (horn broken), Tailor the Tailor, Ambrosia, Banana Fluff, Guard Commanders, Donut Joe, Featherweight, Fruitbasket, Hairy Tipper, Mjölna, normal Armoured Royual Guards, Salty, Silverspeed, Sugar Berry, Sunstreak, Wildfire, Soarin’ (in Wonderbolt suit), updated Princess Celestia, Princess Luna, Gala Twilight Sparkle, crazy Pinkie, workout Pinkie and Winter Wrap Up Pinkie, (and Winter Wrap Up Fluttershy), (and Winter Warp Up Rarity), Zecora, Caramel, Cranky Doodle Donkey, Mr and Mrs Cake, Noteworthy, Spitfire (in Wonderbolt outfit), Vinyl Scratch, Cloudchaser, Snips and Snails (and the older versions of Flim and Flam, Rainbow Dash (and Winter Wrap Up Rainbow Dash), Twilight Sparkle, Pinkie Pie, Fluttershy, Rarity, Applejack, Applebloom, Scootaloo, Sweetie Belle, Big Macintosh, Derpy Hooves, Cheerilee, Mayor Mare, and Octavia). He also made Trixie’s Alicorn amulet and the Winter Wrap Up uniforms for Applejack and Rainbow Dash
- CJ_Bland who made original Cheerilee, original Spitfire, and (most of) original Trixie
- dann494 who made Nightmare Moon, the armoured changeling, alicorn Mare Do Well, and the unicorn night guard
- HarlequinQueen who made The Changeling Queen Chrysalis, Granny Smith (and young Granny Smith), Changeling, Wedding Cadence, Wedding Shining Armour, Lunar Guard, Gala Fluttershy, Gala Pinkie Pie, Spitfire without Wonderbolt suit, Apple Cider, Apple Strudel, Big Wig, Chelsea Porcelain, Fiddlesticks (with and without hat), Giselle, Gizmo, Happy Trails, Jangles, Masquerade, Math Teacher, Morton Saltworthy, Mr Waddle, Picture Perfect, Sapphire Shores, Screw Loose, Sharpener, Silver String and Symphony, updated Doctor Whooves, Screball, and Post Haste (she also made Rarity’s glasses)
- lightdasher who made Aloe, Berry Punch, Cherry, Lotus, original Princess Luna (S2), the original Mayor, Nurse Redheart, and Roseluck
- Mr_Stev who made Applejack’s new mane and cutie mark
- NazzyDragon who made the original Big Mac, Blueberry Muffin, Brolly, Chocolate Sun, Crescent, Golden Harvest, original Lyra Heartstrings, Holly Dash, Lemon Tart, North Pole, Orange Box, Orchid Dew, unarmoured Pegasus Guard, Raindrop, Roy G Bow, Soarin (without Wonderbolts suit), Star Sparkle, Under D Weather, Unicorn Guard, Velvet Hooves, and original Trixie’s cutie mark
- P47HFIND3R who made the rock costumes for the CMCs
- Parchment_Pen who made Gilda the Griffon
- Rena-kun who made Cherries Jubilee, Daring Do (tweaked by me to use advanced skinning), Diamond Tiara, Flithy Rich, Post Haste and Silver Spoon
- SF Legend who made Allie Way, Blinky Pie, Clyde, Daisy, Dinky Doo, Film Reel, Fleetfoot, Fleur, Horte Cuisine, Inky Pie, Junebug, Lightning Bolt, Lilly, Mr Cake, Mrs Cake, Noteworthy, Pipsqueak, Prince Bluebloot, Screwball, Sea Swirl, Sparkler, Sue and The Dude
- Silverwhisker who made Shining Armour, Twist, Mulia Mild, the Mysterious Mare Do Well and updated Trixie, Colgate, Lyra and Bon Bon
- SnyderTime86 who made original Applejack (with hat) original Apple Bloom, Braeburn, Fancy Pants, Photo Finish, Ruby Pinch, original Scootaloo, original Sweetie Belle and Zecora. SnyderTime86 also updated most of the original ponies from the first release of the mod to be at least 20% cooler in 0.4
- SteadyUA who made the alternative version of the Lunar Guard
- Stephanoodle who made Apple Fritter, Babs Seed, Discord, Lightning Dust, Princess Cadence, Thunderlane, and updated Applejack (with and without hat, and Winter Wrap Up), Trixie, Scootaloo, Apple Bloom, Big Mac, Cheerilee, Octavia, Braeburn, Twist, Sweetie Belle, Flam, Flim, Derpy Hooves, Shining Armour, Rarity, Pinkie Pie, Twilight Sparkle (and Alicorn Princess / Princess Coronation versions), Applejack, Fluttershy, Daring Do, Rainbow Dash (and Gala and Wonderbolt Cadet versions), The Changeling Queen Chrysalis, and Mayor Mare
- Sunny who made Amethyst Star, Dizzy Twister, Flitter, High Style, Merry May, Pretty Vision, Red Gala, Soigne Folio and Stella
Verdana originally messed around with some of their skins a bit before adding them to the mod in some cases, so if you don’t like something about any of the skins then that was probably his fault rather than any of these people who are all amazing.
The skins for the mobs were originally made by Verdana, inspired by the default Minecraft mobs. The zombies used some elements from the mob skins in the Love and Tolerance texture pack. The skeletons were made by dann494.
Solly revamped every skin in the mod and skinpack in order to update them to the new format. Special thanks to him for spending the time and effort on this endeavor, his work on this is really appreciated.
Zombie Revamped the current skinning guide in order to showcase the new features and skinning techniques for the newer models.
- Thanks to Zombie for refreshing the skinning guide, coding the new about page, and maintaining the website.
- Thanks to MuseWhimsy for designing the Mine Little Pony logo
- Thanks to dann494 for the images explaining skinning and his constant feedback and support on the forums
- Thanks to oskarek11 who drew the image of Princess Celestia from which I borrowed the hair in the header image
- Kudos to the original pony mod (Verdana didn’t use any of the code but someone else had the idea first) posted on ponycraft.net (now removed, archive)
- Thanks to everyone in MinecraftForum.net thread and on brohoof.com (archive) for your feedback, testing and support so far
- This mod uses Mumfrey’s LiteLoader. Need a tick and don’t want much else? LiteLoader might be the lightweight mod loader you’ve been waiting for!
- This mod was made with MCP. Thanks to Searge and the MCP team, without whom this mod would not be possible
- Thanks to Mojang and Hasbro, best companies, for creating Minecraft and My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic